Friday, May 9, 2008

Final Destination

After a flight delay, waiting for someone to sell me a visa so I could enter the country, waiting for the bus, rush hour traffic, taking the metro and an hour time difference (that i forgot about), I finally made it to central Istanbul. That might sound frustrating, but i´ve developed a certain peace of mind when traveling that doesn´t allow me to get too upset or anxious about these types of things. Same thing about the mountain biking/hiking and dropping my bag in the river-- hang-ups only allow for better stories, more vivid memories, new opportunities and experiences; not negative thoughts. Plus, İ often enjoy the traveling as much as the destination.

I´m happy to be here in İstanbul now... it has a certain feeling of home. I am looking forward to getting back to the States though, where the U.S. dollar is worth a dollar and where İ can attempt to get settled. I may make a trip up to Indiana to see my grandmother who is in the hospital, but then it will be on to Charleston (hopefully i will have housing lined up by then). İ get to play Ultimate (frisbee) tomorrow and summer league starts May 22nd. Plus I´ve got a lot of work to do on my Master´s terminal project.

ok... stay tuned... gonna attempt to post some photos now...

No comments: